Sunday, September 12, 2010

Apple Spice Cake (OMG!)

Apples.
Cinnamon.
Cake.
Caramel.
Need I say more?

We spent most of our morning and early afternoon today canning apple butter. Next weekend we'll tackle applesauce. I thought I'd take a few of the apples and make something yummy for tonight. I asked the crew for their vote and the results were completely split: 1 pie, 1 cake, 1 crisp.
I thought a caramel apple type of cake might satisfy everyone's craving. I definately hit the bullseye with this one. This cake was delicious. Dense, full of apple and cinnamon, drizzled with caramel. Yum!
This cake would be perfect served after a soup/chili dinner. I bet it would be delicious paired with a hot cup of coffee. Heck, I be it would satisfy just about anyone and feel free to serve it before, during, or after just about anything.
The recipe can be found here. Make it today, it's great for fall.





No comments:

Post a Comment